Sunday, February 1, 2009

Good-bye 20s and hello 30s!!!


Wow. I can't believe I am no longer in my 20s. I thought I would have a really hard time with this. But I'm actually okay with it. I'm exactly where I want to be in life and I have no regrets. My 20s were wonderful, amazing, and honestly, a lot of fun!! I accomplished several things on my life's "To-Do List." 
  • Run a marathon- check! (Austin Motorola, 2003)
  • Visit Australia- check! (June 2001)
  • Bungee jump- check! (New Zealand 2001)
  • Sky Dive- check! (Australia, 2001)
I still have a few things I want to do. One is swim with Great White Sharks off the coast of Africa. I thought this would be a cool thing to do on my 30th birthday. Obviously it didn't happen. Maybe on my 40th! Finally, I always wanted to fill up my passport. Sadly, that didn't happen and for the first time, I am without a valid passport. Mine expired earlier this month. I was just 3 pages short of having it filled... *sigh* I doubt I'll even be that close again. I will, however, be renewing it asap; one never knows when they'll need their passport!!
I'm sure my "To-Do" list will grow and I look forward to discovering new goals in life. But I have to admit, my life is pretty wonderful right now and my 20s were very good to me. I graduated college, met and married Matt. He is amazing in every way and I feel so blessed that he chose ME to be his wife! I gave birth to our daughter in my 20s. Of course, she's is beautiful & totally perfect. I was able to do a lot of traveling in my 20s and saw a lot of this world. And of course, I would never forget about our awesome dog, Jaws! Two years ago yesterday I waited in line at the Parker County Animal Shelter for 2 hours in freezing rain to adopt Jaws. He was the best 28th birthday present I could have asked for!
I am so fortunate in so many ways. Moving back to San Antonio has turned out to be such a great decision. I love working for my parents at Acme and I learn so much every day on the job. I am constantly amazed that my entire family can work in the same building, yet we still enjoy spending time with one another on the weekends!! I truly don't think it would be that way for most families. I only hope that I can make my parents proud at Acme. Time will certainly tell. Speaking of Mom & Dad, I cannot thank them enough for everything they have done. I wouldn't be the person I am today without them. You are the most amazing parents and if Matt and I can be half as wonderful as y'all, then Elise will be one lucky girl!
So, I say good-bye to my 20s and I welcome my 30s!! I'm excited to see what they'll bring!

1 comment:

The Campbell Family said...

Congrats on reaching your 30's! Sorry I missed bunco at your house last night :( I was really sad, but it was just such a stressful day. Oh yes, and I totally know how you feel about the passport. When I got married I had to get a new one since my name changed and it was so sad to not get to continue collecting all the stamps, but I have held on to the old one for fun ;) Have a great weekend! :)