Today you are eight months old!!! You have turned into such a fun and delightful little baby! Your days are filled with smiles, laughter, and squeals. You are in such a good mood all the time! You are a master at crawling and have gotten so quick. You go up and down the different steps in our house and you love exploring and pulling up. You have gotten really good at playing and entertaining yourself.
Some tidbits about you this month:
- You have two bottom teeth.
- You love all solid food but you also still love to nurse.
- You love sitting in the grocery cart at the store.
- You know two words. You know your name and will turn when you hear it. You also know "Jaws" and when I say, "Where's Jaws" you freeze and your eyes immediately dart around to find him. When you do find him, you get a big smile on your face.
- You still adore Jaws though I don't think I can say the feeling is 100% mutual. You climb all over him, pull his hair, ears, and jowls. He used to not mind but now you've gotten much stronger. When he's had enough, he gets up and walks away. You also take his bone right from his mouth. He lets you though.
- You now go to bed around 7:15 and sleep until about 7:15 the next morning. Sometimes you wake around 5:30am, but once I nurse you, you go right back to sleep and will then sleep until about 7:45 (when I let you!!)
- You take 2 naps, about 3 hours total. Our days are still the same. We go on a walk each morning, then you have breakfast, play a bit, and down for your first nap. We go on lots of lunches and playdates with friends, often at the pool.
- You love the pool and smile when I dunk you underwater!
- You have just started cruising around which means you use the furniture to steady you as you walk.
- You are babbling like crazy. You say dadadada but you don't know what it means yet. You also said Mom-meee once; but it was a fluke for sure :)
- Just this month you started sucking your thumb. You only do this when you are very tired. Also, you have decided you actually like a pacifier. So strange that you started this late!!! I just leave one in your crib and you find it if you want it.
This month has been the most fun. Your little personality is coming out and you are just a blast! You are still wary of people you don't know. You are also SO observant. Your eyes don't miss much, no matter where we are. You really study people and what they're doing. You are turning into such a fun little girl. Daddy and I are having a blast with you, watching you grow up. We can't wait to see what next month brings!
Fun with your activity table.
You love standing at the window and watching Daddy work.
Bath time fun!
(If you look carefully, you can see her two teeth!)