Today you are 7 months old. You are becoming so much fun!!!!!!! Though you have been scooting around for a while now, this past week you have officially mastered crawling. You go everywhere and climb the stairs with no problem. You haven't totally figured out how to get down them yet. You love to crawl to me and to Jaws. As soon as I sit down on the floor, you get that great determined look on your face and you crawl right to me and into my lap. It just melts my heart! You also crawl to and all over Jaws. He rarely minds, even as you poke his eyes and tug on his ears or tail. You are also pulling up on everything! Daddy and I are amazed at how strong you are, and actually so is everyone else. I took you to a Gymboree Play Class, and even though you were the youngest baby in the class, you were the only baby that could crawl! You're pretty awesome. You have such a fun personality and when you recognize someone your whole face smiles! You still take a while to warm up to people you don't know; you really like to study other peoples' faces and expressions. You are also very good at "communicating" (which is what your Aunt Bobbie calls it- I say you have a temper) when something doesn't go your way or isn't just right. You have no problem letting us know! You crack up at Jaws when he gets silly and runs around the house and outside; it is hilarious to watch you belly laugh!
This month you began eating solid food. I am making all of the food that you eat and am having so much fun cooking for you. So far you have tried avocados, sweet potatoes, zucchini, summer squash, bananas, prunes (this I did buy,) pears, and peas. You love it all! Once you figured out the concept, solid foods were a hit! You also love "drinking" water from a straw. It's a great way to entertain you at a restaurant.
Tidbits about you this month:
- Your first tooth has just cut the surface this week. It's very hard to see but I can feel it! It didn't seem to bother you much and I hope the others come in just as easily.
- You have now been on 10 airplane rides and in 6 different airports.
- I don't think you've grown much from your 6 month doctors appointment. In fact, you may have even lost a little bit of weight because you have become so active.
- You are in 6-9 month clothing.
- You can crawl, go up stairs, and get into the sitting position and hold yourself steady.
- You still dislike being on your back (which makes diaper changes a challenge) and still sleep on your tummy or side.
- You love the pool and have been underwater countless times and have never minded!
- You like your "exersaucer" but will only stay in it for about 15-20 minutes max.
- You are still a cloth diapered baby and both Daddy and I love them!
- You are still nursing and I adore that time with you.
- You don't mind being in your car seat and are very good in the car. You always have been.
- You love sitting in the grass and swirling your feet into the dirt.
- I work on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Daddy takes care of you all day long. That's a wonderful time for you both and you usually just watch him as he works on little projects around the house.
- You love bath time, but most recently you love showers. I put you on the floor while I take a shower and you crawl all around and splash. Water in your face doesn't bother you one bit.
Your sleep schedule has gotten so predictable. I try and keep you up until at least 7:00pm and (hooray!!!!) you usually sleep until 7:00am without waking!!! If you do wake in the middle of the night, you just babble and then put yourself right back to sleep without crying. It's wonderful! You are still taking a morning and afternoon nap. After you wake and nurse each morning, we go on a nice hour long walk. You take a morning nap around 10am and an afternoon nap around 2pm. We try to get our errands run in between.
We've had so much fun with you this month. Daddy and I love you to pieces and can't wait to see what the next month brings!